ICRI-BioM is seeking a young computational researcher to fill up a full-time position in the computational research group of Dr. Adolfo Poma
ICRI-BioM is an International Research Agenda, established within Lodz University of Technology under the Foundation for Polish Science MAB PLUS Program in collaboration with the Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research in Mainz. It aims at the creation of an excellent scientific unit that focuses on combining polymer chemistry with molecular biosystems engineering experimentally and with the aid of computational sciences. Ultimately, it will be composed of two groups, led by senior Principal Investigators (one of them being the director, Professor Alexander Steinbüchel) of the highest scientific standings, and three junior PI groups. It is expected that the collaboration and synergy between these groups, local scientific environment, and international cooperation will lead to breakthrough research in basic and applied sciences.
Young candidates should have a Ph.D. degree (not longer than 5 years) or a proof of expected graduation in early 2022. Expected skills include:
- expertise in molecular dynamics (MD) simulation,
- knowledge in quantum/classical description of physical systems,
- practice with either GROMACS, THINKER or NAMD MD packages,
- programming skills and scripting languages (python >2.7, Tcl, Lua) are a plus,
- capability and interest to present the results of investigations in international publications, national and international conferences, patents, etc.,
- good command of English.
- gross monthly salary in the range 7 500-9 500 PLN (plus 13 salary) depending on qualifications,
- contract through the end of 2023 with conditional renewal,
- great research environment at the Lodz University of Technology.
Interested candidates are requested to e-mail the following documentation (in the pdf format):
- brief CV (up to 1 standard page)
- up to 10 key research and/or implementation achievements (a single achievement is e.g. full text of a publication or a patent, etc.),
- list of key projects for which the applicant was granted funding or played a major role,
- list of key conference speeches or lectures delivered by the applicant
by October 29th, 2021 (or until the position is filled) to: Dr. Adolfo Poma to: adolfo [kropka] poma-bernaolap [kropka] lodz [kropka] pl
In the second stage, short-listed candidates will be invited for an online interview.
By submitting your application you agree with the following statement in the application::
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the Lodz University of Technology with its registered office at ul. Zeromskiego 116, 90-924 Lodz for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee, and concluding a contract for employment at the Lodz University of Technology. I have been informed of my rights and duties (as described http://www.icri-biom.p.lodz.pl/sites/default/files/RODO-TUL_en.pdf. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary”.
TUL values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity.